Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Information Literacy Syllabi
Information Literacy: LIB101 RH (Linda Poston)
This is a one-credit course that meets one day a week for six weeks. This course will help the student construct a framework for effective learning by developing skills used to define and articulate information needs, to access both print and online information effectively and efficiently, to evaluate information and to incorporate it into one’s knowledge base and Christian worldview, and to understand and comply with the legal and ethical standards of fair use of resources and ideas.
Research Methodology. 322 (Laura Ladwig, William VanDoodewaard)
This course is a study of research skills and methodology, authoritative sources, and library use designed to prepare the student to research, to review the development of a thesis statement, and to engage in effective study, writing, and preaching in ministry. Attention is given to Turabian format, bibliographies, and matters of form and style in academic writing.
Designing Information Literacy Courses Online
Contains links to the following IL syllabi compiled:
1. Esther Grassian's Info Literacy Syllabi
2. Aquinas College's Beyond Google Course
3. Nyack College's LIB 101 Info Lit Course
4. West Virginia Weslyan's Info Literacy Course
5. College of Charleston's Electronic Resources for Research Course
6. Springfield Technical Community College RSCH 100 Basic Research
7. Delta State University LIB 101 Syllabus
8. Harrison College Info Lit Syllabus
9. U. of South Carolina Upstate's LIBR 201 Strategies for Info Discovery
10. Trinity Western University's Research Strategies Course (Graduate level)
11. Lamar University's Intro. to Library Research
12. Minneapolis Community and Technical College Information Literacy and Research Skills
13. Washtenaw Community College Info Lit Syllabus | 7 Week Schedule
14. Southeastern Louisiana University Info Lit Syllabus
15. Georgia Southwestern State LIBR 1101 Syllabus
16. U. of Arizona Undergrad Info Lit Course | Graduate Info Lit Course
University of Michigan - Fake News Course
Fake News, Lies, and Propaganda Course
This was shared as part of a LOEX 2018 session entitled Fake News, Lies, and a For-credit Class: Lessons Learned from Teaching a 7-Week Fake News Undergraduate Library Course.
An open Canvas version of the course is available as well. Look for a Canvas version of the course in the Commons if you are a Canvas campus. The assignments in the Canvas Commons course take advantage of the integration of Google Drive and Canvas on our campus. Assignment materials are accessible following this link if the Canvas assignments are unavailable to you. A machine-readable version of the syllabus is available. A PDF of the syllabus is also available.