Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Don't forget -- the next quarterly deadline for current indexing is May 1.
What fun it was to gather together virtually and see so many of your faces during the ACL Conference! Materials from each of the sessions is now available:
- CPI Beginning Indexing Training
- CPI Indexers Meeting, including Advanced Indexing Tips
Subject Heading Change Form
Submit a Subject Heading Change
Please let us know if you find an error in CPI. Include in your description what the error is and how it should be corrected. We will research the error, and a corrected record will be included in a future CPI update. Thank you!
Recently Approved Titles -- Want to Index One?
Titles recently approved and appearing soon in CPI:
Banner of Sovereign Grace Truth (December 2020)
Bioethics in Faith and Practice (November 2020)
CedarEthics (November 2020)
- Channels (November 2020)
Journal of Christian Apologetics (November 2020)
- Journal of the Institute of Reformed Baptist Studies (November 2020)
- Musical Offerings (November 2020)
Proceedings of the International Conference on Creationism (November 2020)
Reformed Baptist Theological Review (November 2020)
Reformed Presbyterian Theological Journal (November 2020)
- Christian Business Academy Review (November 2020)
- Common Good (October 2020)
- Studies in Puritanism and Piety (January 2020)
- Eikon: A Journal for Biblical Anthropology (January 2020)
- Evangelicals (October 2019)
- Reformed Baptist Theological Review (June 2019)
- Lutheran Mission Matters (June 2019)
- International Journal of Urban Transformation (March 2019)
- Near East Archaeological Society Bulletin (March 2019)
Interested in Indexing?
From time to time, we have openings for additional indexers. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Sarah Wessel.
Using a Mac with your text files? So that we don't have trouble with smart punctuation, please read:
- In Textedit (The Mac text editor), choose the Textedit item from the top menu, then select preferences.
- In the preferences screen, make sure that format is set to plain text. This should be the default.
- Further down, there’s an options section with several checkboxes. Uncheck smart dashes and smart quotes. You may also want to uncheck text replacements and correct spelling automatically; those are up to you. Close the window, and the changes are saved and should stay the same across restarts of the text editor.
This info is from MacOS 10.11 but is probably the same or very similar in other versions.
Using a PC? Although Notepad works fine,if you want a few more features (like search and replace), try out Notepad++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/).